Thursday, October 17, 2013

Playtest 3 Feedback

The third round of play testing for my Monster Bash game gave me a number of good feedback commentary from my friends who played it.
  • With the rule packet I should consider putting the examples of actual gameplay under the Gameplay section. I should also rename them as Basic Gameplay Examples too to help the player find them easier when looking through the rules.
  • Put in a more thorough explanation when it comes to certain situations that may arise with the action cards. For example with the punch cards I should put in an explanation of how when two players either play both a punch or bite card at the same time the player with the monster who has the lower HP should go first.
  • Option to choose to restock action cards should be left open so players can just pull up new action cards when they feel they're running low.
  • There are too many monster cards who are OP and have a special ability. I should consider going back and making more normal monsters to create a balance for the monster cards so the chance of choosing a monster with a special ability is smaller.
  • They suggested I should really consider the usage of the action cards and how I can make them more strategic. The ability to look at both the monster cards and the action cards give a player the chance to be strategic but my friends felt it was like Rock/Paper/Scissors when t came to using them against one another.
  • My friends did like how the ability to use a special attack monster card only once per game helped to balance out how OP some of them were.




No comments:

Post a Comment