Saturday, February 22, 2014

Racing Level Intro Sequence

Lots of racing games have level intros that pump up a player for the inevitable race or exist to give you a mere glimpse at what your player is in for. Sometimes they're awesome, or they fall flat. Continuing with my racing level I have to look towards creating an interesting level sequence for a player. I looked for any and every type of racing game that could offer proper inspiration for this task, and believe me it's harder to one that actually has what I was looking for, and I ended up with Twisted Metal.


As far as level intros go this game has got some pretty good ones. Not only does the intro display the whole level the player will be racing in against others, but it also does a show-and-tell of what the player needs to accomplish for said level they're playing in. In my opinion it's a pretty cool way to do a level introduction sequence.



Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed also offers some cool level intros as well. They each display the "tracks" the player will race on. This is a good detail to show the player so they're better prepared for the obstacles they may face while racing and it also gives them a sense of the scale and appearance of the track which may help in their racing performance.


No comments:

Post a Comment