Friday, April 4, 2014

Racing Level HUD

We're now in the process of coming up with and creating a HUD(aka Heads Up Display) for out levels. Here's a ton of reference I ended up finding for inspiration.

First up, some speedometers! I looked at a few scifi/furture looking speedometers since my level is Scifi based in appearance. I also checked out my vehicle's speedometer design as well.





My vehicle is a '66 Chevy Impala SS so I'm probably going to design my eventual speedometer to look similar in layout appearance.

Now, for some awesome racing HUDs!




Here's the mock-up for my level's HUD! 


Basic Scifi looking theme with the speedometer in the middle, the boost circle in the far right, and the lap meter and timer in the top left. The speedometer is based off of my vehicle's speedometer while the boost circle is a little robot face similar to the many aesthetics in my level with display faces and emoticons. The lap meter is supposed to look like a holograph projection on a metal board.


When the player comes toward a boost the boost circle turns orange and the robot's face changes expression to signal the player that they can now boost their way to glory!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment