Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Level Concept




For our Computer Animation I for Games class we were tasked with researching and creating an idea for a small level which we would then create a modular kit for over the course of the semester. The idea I had for mine was an "Oriental Alien Residential Zone".

The narrative is simply about a century or so in the future a vessel containing groups of traveling alien vagabonds had landed somewhere in Asia (I'm going to go with midland China for now). After some tense debate and negotiations the humans in the area had decided to give the aliens sections of old cities which were presumably abandoned for them to live in. Because there was still distrust between the aliens and humans though these sections had walls built to surround them and were numbered by each zone they were located in. Over time the aliens had sort of created small sections which mixed their own technologies and cultures with the oriental cultures that surrounded them.

My idea wasn't picked in the end but I'm really, REALLY, excited for the idea my class actually did choose. The whole research and developing our initial ideas for the level design was a really awesome assignment and I can't wait to start the modular kit process.

No comments:

Post a Comment